Pursuing Judgment Debtors
A primary focus of our practice is the domestication of foreign judgments, and the pursuit of judgment debtors, across the State of Florida. Florida is known as a haven for debtors due to its homestead and personal property exemptions, its restrictions on wage garnishment and other hurdles its law places in the way of creditors.
I offer twenty-five years of extensive experience dealing with debtor protections, and creditor’s remedies. I domesticate and enforce judgments in any county of Florida. These services include:
- locating the debtor and the debtor’s assets
- discovery in aid of execution
- proceedings supplementary to execution
- garnishment, levy and execution upon debtors’ assets
- avoidance of fraudulent transfers
- avoidance of spend thrift provisions in trusts
- These services to enforce a judgment are provided on an hourly basis, or in an appropriate case, on a contingency basis.
Feel free to read or reference my article on The Florida Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, published by The Florida Bar Journal.